Last Modified: 3/22/2016
Information We Collect
You are not required to provide any personal information on the public areas of this website. In order to provide our full range of services, however, we may collect certain information from you. Our primary goals in collecting your information is to provide you with the products and services available throughout our site, to communicate with you, and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
The types of information and the means by which we collect it are as follows:
- Information that you provide: In order to establish your account, participate in our online directory, receive targeted information, enroll in new services, and/or visit the listings and sites of customers we host, you might be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information to us such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number. If you choose to purchase products or services, you will be asked to provide a valid credit card number and expiration date along with billing and shipping address information. You can choose not to provide this information but then you might not be able to participate in some of our services or offerings.
- Web Beacons: We also place small tracker codes or "beacons" on some of the pages on our website, in online advertising with third parties, and in our e-mail. We use these beacons, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal data on the usage of our site including but not limited to the date and time of the visit, the pages visited, the referring web page, the type of browser, the type of operating system and the domain name of the visitor's Internet service provider. This information is collected about thousands of site visits and analyzed as a whole. This information is useful, for example, in tracking the performance of our online advertising such as online banner ads and to determine where to place future advertising on other websites.
- IP Address: We analyze IP addresses in the aggregate for system administration purposes and to gather broad demographic information. We may link IP addresses to your computer's User ID, to track and prevent fraudulent resource utilization, and when you place an order using our online checkout process we record your computer's IP address with your order to help us identify fraudulent credit card use. We may share this information with the financial institution that issued the credit card with which an order was placed, or with law enforcement authorities if we determine, or are notified, that the use of the credit card was fraudulent.
- Device identifiers: When you access the Service by or through a mobile device (including but not limited to smart-phones or tablets) or computer, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Kodexio. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data: When you access the Service, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your computing device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- User communications: When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Log information: When you access our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. Also, in order to protect you from fraud, phishing, and other misconduct, we may collect information about your interaction with our services. Any such information we collect will only be used to detect and prevent fraud or other misconduct.
- Links: We might provide links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
Your personally identifiable information will not be sold to a third party. We may share your information as follows:
- When we have your consent. This will require you to opt-in before we can share any sensitive personal information (i.e. newsletters and alerts).
- With companies who work on our behalf. From time to time, we contract with certain trusted third party companies to support business functions on our behalf and provide services to us. These can include, without limitation, order processing, maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
- With another office and/or affiliate of ours for purposes of service support, maintenance, or protection.
- With government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property and rights of those or a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
- We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company (including any shares in the company), or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, User Content, and other User information related to the Service will likely be among the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company.
Your Choice to Share Information
If you choose to share your images and information via third party services including call for entries submission forms, access to and use of the photos and the information you provide to the third party service will be governed by the terms of the third party services, and the password protections you established in your account with C4E may/will not apply. We are not liable for any access to, use of or disclosure of any photos or information you provide to third party services, or on public areas.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data. However, Kodexio cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Kodexio or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of C4E listing companies, such as social networks. Kodexio is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Compromise of information
In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Kodexio will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Keeping Your Information Accurate
We have a legal obligation to see that your information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information. You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you and to delete or rectify any inaccurate information about you by sending us a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Site is not directed to persons under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal identifiable Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Widgets and Sharing Services
The following is a partial list of third party services that may be used in C4E and links to their Terms of Service:
Google Analytics Cookies
This site uses a Facebook Like Box, and uses Facebook's cookies to allow you to log in to your Facebook profile and 'Like' our Facebook page. Facebook cookies are also used when using the AddThis Social Sharing buttons. Find out more about the Facebook Data Use Policy here.
HOW TO CONTACT US
5425 Wisconsin Avenue, #600
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
1 (703) 506-0878